The PAUSD Board of Education is holding a Community Study Session on the Stanford GUP on November 14 from 6:30-8:30pm. Stanford’s proposed GUP is the largest in the history of Santa Clara County and will have a significant impact on Palo Alto and on PAUSD.
The Stanford GUP proposal includes roughly 2.3 million square feet of academic buildings and an additional 3,000 beds and over 500 housing units. For context, the Empire State Building in New York is 2.7 million square feet. The County is considering requiring Stanford to include additional family housing to help address the County’s acute housing shortage.
The district has invited representatives from Stanford University and Santa Clara County to share their information and perspectives. The current proposed agenda includes:
- Explain the Stanford GUP process
- Outline the proposed housing development project and impact upon PAUSD
- Discuss enrollment projections
- Provide context to per pupil funding impacts of adding students in tax exempt properties
- Share impact of proposal to add housing without dedicating land for a “community” school